NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR ENTRY BY LEGAL U.S. RESIDENTS ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY APPLICABLE U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE (SEE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT IN RULE 1) AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
The Gant-Away with UA Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) will begin at 12:00 Central Time (“CT”) on February 26, 2018, and is scheduled to end at 12:00am CT on March 26, 2018 (the “Promotion Period”). The Sweepstakes is subject to applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. By participating, you agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and all decisions of the Administrator, which shall be final and binding on you in all respects.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to (i) legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia; (ii) at least 18 years of age or the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, whichever is greater at the time of entry. The Sweepstakes is not open to persons who are: (a) employees, officers or directors of United Airlines, Inc. (“Sponsor”) or Gant (“Administrator”) or any of their respective parent companies, affiliates or subsidiaries, distributors, Sweepstakes material suppliers, promotion or media partners, or advertising, promotion or other coordinating agencies involved in this Sweepstakes; (b) immediate family members (spouse, biological, adoptive or step-parent, grandparent, child, sibling or spouse of any of the foregoing, regardless of where they live); or (c) household members of any of the foregoing, whether related or not. Void where prohibited.
- RANDOM DRAWING: A random drawing will be conducted every day between February 26 and March 26, 2018 to select one (1)] winner per drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. The drawing will be conducted by the Administrator, whose decisions will be final and binding in all respects. Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. The potential winners will be notified via the social media platform the photo was submitted on (LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram), on or about March 26,
- SWEEPSTAKES PRIZES,: One drink ticket per drawing each day between February 26, 2018 and March 26, 2018 with an approximate retail value of $5.00 USD per prize. On March 26, 2018 only, to the prize will be 1 round trip H class domestic ticket, with an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $800.
The total ARV of all prizes available is $__$950__. The potential winners are subject to verification, including but not limited to verification of age. If a potential winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, or if prize notification or the prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner will be disqualified. In the event that the potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize to an alternate participant who will be selected in a random drawing from among all remaining entries. First and Second Prize winners will be required to complete, sign, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (the “Affidavit”) (where permitted) within seven (7) days of date printed on prize notification or prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate participant who will be selected in a random drawing from among the remaining entries. Failure to provide all required information and signature(s) on the Affidavit, failure to comply with these Official Rules, or return of prize notification or prize as undeliverable, may result in forfeiture of rights to be declared the prize winner and/or receive the prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of participants subsequent to entering the Sweepstakes. Upon receipt and verification of the First and Second Prize Affidavits, winners will be notified via email or overnight mail regarding the specific delivery details of the prize. All federal, state, and local income taxes on the First and Second prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. First and Second Prize winners will be required to provide Sponsor with a valid social security number or tax identification number before the Prizes can be awarded for tax reporting purposes. Failure to do so will result in disqualification, in which case the prize will be awarded to an alternate participant who will be selected in a random drawing from among the remaining entries. First and Second Prize winners will be issued an IRS 1099 form for the value of the Prize. Prizes cannot be transferred, assigned, sold or redeemed for cash or substituted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the advertised prize becomes or is unavailable for any reason. Lost, damaged or stolen Prizes will not be replaced.
WINNER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT PROMOTIONAL PARTIES (AS DEFINED IN RULE 5) HAVE NOT MADE NOR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE PRIZE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ITS QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY, MECHANICAL CONDITION OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- OTHER CONDITIONS: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each participant agrees to release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Sponsor, Administrator, any of their respective parent companies, affiliates or subsidiaries, distributors, Sweepstakes material suppliers, promotion or media partners, printer(s) of Sweepstakes materials or advertising, promotion or other coordinating agencies involved in this Sweepstakes including, and the respective officers, directors and employees of each of the foregoing (collectively, the “Promotional Parties”) from and against any and all claims, injuries, damages, expenses or losses and/or liabilities of any nature that in any way relate to or arise from participant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity, or receipt or use/misuse of the prize (if applicable), including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) errors of any kind in the administration of the Sweepstakes or notification of winner; (c) injury or damage to persons or property (including death) that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by participant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or use of the prize (if applicable); and (d) technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communication malfunctions that may limit one’s ability to enter the Sweepstakes. The winners shall bear all risk of loss or damage to his/her prize after it has been delivered.
Promotional Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, server, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, whether human, mechanical or electronic, lost, interrupted or unavailable network connections, website, Internet, server or ISP availability, lost or destroyed entries, unauthorized human intervention, online traffic congestion, incomplete, garbled or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions that may limit one’s ability to enter the Sweepstakes. The Promotional Parties do not assume any responsibility for any disruption in the Sweepstakes caused by any of the above-described occurrences or by schedule changes, labor strikes, or any other act, circumstance or other unforeseen event outside of the control of the Promotional Parties. Sweepstakes material/data that has been tampered with or altered is void.
ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY AND SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for any reason which Sponsor, in its sole opinion, deems could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes, in whole or in part. If the Sweepstakes is terminated in whole or in part before the designated end date, Sponsor may select the winner in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date/time of the event giving rise to the termination and will post notification of the cancellation at www.unitedsweepstakes.com. TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL PROMOTIONAL PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH ACCESS TO AND/OR USE OF ANY WEBSITE, THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM A WEBSITE OR PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OF THE EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; THEREFORE, SOME OF THE AFOREMENTIONED LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, DEPENDING ON YOUR PLACE OF RESIDENCE.
All Sweepstakes entries and the eligibility of a potential winner are subject to verification by Administrator, an independent judging organization, before the prize is awarded. No more than three (3) prizes will be awarded in the Sweepstakes. By accepting a prize, winner agrees and consents to Sponsor and/or Administrator releasing his/her identity/name to any one requesting the name of the prize winner and the use of his/her name, likeness, voice and/or biographical information for advertising and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereinafter invented without time or territorial limitations and without additional notice or compensation, except where prohibited by law. The prizes will be awarded provided they are claimed properly in accordance with these Official Rules.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, participants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or the prize, or the administration of the Sweepstakes or the determination of the winner, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration, to take place in the state of Illinois pursuant to the Rules of the American Arbitration Association then effective; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes but in no event shall any attorneys’ fees be awarded; and (3) to the extent allowed by applicable law, under no circumstances will a participant be permitted to obtain awards for and participants hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, participants’ rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with federal law and to the extent not inconsistent, the laws of the State of Illinois. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures and other statements contained in any Sweepstakes materials or website, or made by any representative of Sponsor or Administrator, and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern, and control. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein
- WINNER’S NAME: For the names of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped, #10 envelope to: Gant Away with UA Sweepstakes Winner List Request, 233 N. Michigan Ave., Suite 1500, Chicago, IL 60601. The winner names will be sent when the Sweepstakes is over and the prizes have been awarded. Requests for winner names must be received by [March 26], 2018.
- SPONSOR: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by United Airlines, Inc., 233 S. Wacker Dr., Chicago, IL 60606 (“Sponsor”).